Dr. Tejas Thakkar
Doctors / Zydus Hospitals Ahmedabad
I treat all types of orthopaedic ailments though I have special interest in orthopaedic trauma. The spectrum of injuries includes all complex fractures and polytrauma including fixation of pelvis and acetabular fractures, Intra articular fracture and non-union.
I have an interest and passion in treating and managing fractures with best possible advanced methods, minimally invasive technique, which can give maximum outcome with minimum tissue handling.
I got trained in some of World’s largest and busiest tertiary orthopaedic centres and has considerable experience in management of these injuries.
I recognise that these injuries can be devastating and terrifying occurrences and so I aim to provide the patients not only with timely service, but with insight and understanding about their condition, what to expect and what the implications of the injury are.
College: M.P.Shah Medial college,Jamanagar.
Hospital: Irwin Hospital,Jamnagar
University: Saurashtra University,
1st MBBS Nov-1992, 2nd MBBS April-1994, 3rd MBBS Nov-1995
Stood 3rd in Final (third) M.B.B.S in Saurashtra University and awarded S.M.SEN Gold medal in OB-Gyn.
Passed in Nov-1999 in first attempt.
College: M.P.Shah Medical College Saurashtra University, Jamnagar
Hospital: Irwin Hospital, Jamnagar.
University: Saurashtra University, Gujarat,
1. Orthopaedic: AO Fellowship
I was awarded AO Trauma Fellowship at Kanttosspital, Chur, Switzerland from 13th May to 22nd June 2007.
Learned about basic AO principles as well advanced application of locking plates.
I also learned about management of complex fracture esp. pelvis and acetabulum. Dr Christoph Sommer was the supervisor during the fellowship.
2. OREF-Traveling fellowship
I got selected for the above fellowship during May - July 2005. I visited Hospital for Special Surgery (Supervisor: David Helfet MD) affiliated with Columbia and Cornell University, New York USA & Ranavat Orthopedic center, Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, USA (Supervisor : Chitranjan Rananvat,MD ).
3. 47th International Postgraduate Training Programme in Medicine, Tel-aviv University, Israel.
During this 11 week fellowship, I was working with Orthopedic as well as Trauma department of Beilinson hospital, Rabin medical center, Petah tikva, Israel with Prof Salai Moshe and Dr Michael Stein respectively.
I was exposed to varieties of trauma surgeries mainly as well as cold orthopedic surgeries (assisted and performed).
On many occasions, I got the privilege to be a part of resuscitation team for trauma victims and EMS.
During this I attended the following academic meeting at Israel:
- A.C.L.S-Advanced Cardiac Life Support course.
- Annual meeting of Israeli orthopedic association at Tel aviv, 30th nov 1st Dec 2004.
- AO seminar Locking plates, Tel aviv, 14th Nov, 2004.
- Symposium on limb lengthening by I.M distractable nail at Haifa, by A.S.A.M.I, Israel. Dr.Dror Paley, 17th Nov 2004.
- Cadavaric workshop on approaches to acetabulam and pelvis,Tel aviv university,10 th dec,2004.
1. Paraplegia Safari, A Follow-up Programme for spinal cord injury patients (Journal of spinal cord medicine, Vol-27, No. 2, Published by American Paraplegia Society)
2. M M Prabhakar,Tejas Thakker; Anterior Decompression for cervicothoracic pathology-A study of 14 patients Journal of spinal cord medicine Vol-29, No. 2, Published by American Paraplegia Society.
3. P R Patel,DA Patel,T Thakker,K Shah,VB Shah;Tuberculosis of Shoulder Joint, Indian Journal of Orthopedics; Vol37 No.2.
4. MM Prabhakar,Tejas H Thakker;An Unusual Case report: Desmoplastic Fibroma of the lumbar Spine, Indian Journal of Orthopedics; Vol 38 No3.
5. Tejas Thakker,MM Prabhakar,D A Patel;Tuberculosis of sternum Indian journal of Orthopedics Indian Journal of Orthopedics; Vol 39
6. Tejas H Thakker,M M Prabhakar,Dinubahi Patel;Posterior Dislocation of shoulder Indian journal of Orthopedics Indian Journal of Orthopedics; Vol 40 No 1.
7. M M Prabhakar,Tejas H Thakker,Bhavin Jadav;Tuberculosis of lower cervical spine: Journal of the Indian Medical Association ISSN 0019-5847, Volume 105 Number 09.
8. Prabhakar M,ThakkerT;Glenohumral Arthrodesis – Operative and long term functional results, Gujarat medical journal; Vol. 60 No. 2.