Dr. Sourabh Damani is working as a full time advanced laparoscopic, metabolic, bariatric and Gastrointestinal surgeon at Zydus Hospital, Anand. He has expertise in the field of Minimal Access Surgery as well as Robotic surgery and has been practicing upper and lower GI Endoscopy over the years. Under his expert patient care many patients have been benefited and cured of their ailments.
He has completed his MBBS and MS General surgery from the reputed Smt. NHL MMC College, Ahmedabad after which he received his training in endoscopy and robotics from the World Laparoscopic Hospital, Gurgaon which is a Center of Excellence in itself. He has finished his super speciality in Minimal Access Surgery from Gem Hospital and Research Center, Coimbatore which is India's first and most advanced tertiary health care center in field of Gastroenterology under the expert guidance of pioneers in this field. He is patient friendly and very approachable and is well versed in English, Hindi and Gujarati.
- Consultant Gastro Surgeon
- MBBS, MS General Surgery, FNB Minimal Access Surgery,
- M.M.A.S, F.I.C.R.S, Fellowship in Upper & Lower GI Endoscopy, FALS Bariatric
- 9 years of industry experience
Expertise & Specialities
- Liver Disease
- Minimum Invasive Surgeries
- GI Cancer Diseases
- MBBS (2013) (Smt. NHL MMC College, Ahmedabad)
- MS General Surgery (2017) (Smt. NHL MMC College, Ahmedabad)
- FMAS, DMAS, Fellowship in upper and lower GI endoscopy, FICRS (2018) (World Laparoscopic hospital, Gurgaon)
- MMAS (2019) (World Laparoscopic hospital, Gurgaon)
- FNB minimal access surgery (2022) (GEM hospital, Coimbatore)
- FALS Bariatric (2022) (KD Hospital, Ahmedabad)
- Dr. Sourabh Damani has completed successfully many complicated surgeries.
- He has published various articles in national and international journals and has presented his work in various surgical conferences:
- COMPARATIVE STUDY OF MANAGEMENT OF HAEMORRHOIDS: STAPLER VERSUS OPEN HAEMORRHOIDECTOMY in WORLD JOURNAL OF LAPAROSCOPIC SURGERY in Volume 15, Issue 1, January-April 2022.
- STUDY OF DIFFICULT LAPAROSCOPIC CHOLECYSTECTOMY AND ITS OUTCOME ACCORDING TO PER OPERATIVE SCORING SYSTEM in WORLD JOURNAL OF LAPAROSCOPIC SURGERY in Volume 15, Issue 1, January-April 2022
- Presented Video on LAPAROSCOPIC MANAGEMENT OF COLONIC DUPLICATION CYST at ACRSICON, MUMBAI held on 13th -14th NOVEMBER 2021.
- Presented Video on LAPAROSCOPIC MANAGEMENT OF COLOVESICAL FISTULA DUE TO SIGMOID DIVERTICULITIS at ACRSICON, MUMBAI On 13th – 14th NOVEMBER 2021.
- Presented Video on LAPAROSCOPIC ULAR WITH ISR FOR LOW RECTAL CANCER in 34th Annual Conference of Indian Association of Surgical Oncology (VIRTUAL NATCON IASO 2021) held on October 23-24 and 30-31, 2021.
- Presented Video on LAPAROSCOPIC EXTENDED RIGHT HEMICOLECTOMY BY IRETA WITH UNCINATE PROCESS TECHNIQUE FOR HEPATIC FLEXURE GROWTH in 34th Annual Conference of Indian Association of Surgical Oncology ( VIRTUAL NATCON IASO 2021) held on October 23-24 and 30-31,2021.
- Presented paper on "EWING SARCOMA OF PANCREAS " in IAGES COIMBATORE 2021
- Pulmonary Hydatid Cyst presenting as a cystocutaneous fistula-A Case Report in INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH in Volume 07, Issue 10, October 2018
- Comparative Study of Post-operative surgical site infections in planned versus emergency abdominal surgeries.
- A study of acute pancreatitis, Diagnostic modalities and Newer Guidelines in “INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH” in Volume 04, Issue 05,May 2015.
- A study of Surgical Complication of suspected Chikungunya in “INDIAN JOURNAL OF APPLIED RESEARCH” in Volume 05, Issue 05, May 2015
- A Case Report on Relaprotomy: Etiopathological factors and decision making in “I.M.A.G.S.B. NEWS BULLETIN, GUJARAT MEDICAL JOURNAL”
- Presented a Paper on Pseudo Aneurysm in Common Femoral Artery Presenting as Thigh Abscess in GUJSURGCON 2016 at Ahmedabad from 25th to 27th November, 2016
- Presented a poster “A case of testicular carcinoma with atypical presentation” at AMCMET MEDICAL COLLEGE CME PROGRAM on RESIDENT DOCTORS AS FRONT LINE MEDICAL TEACHERS on 25th September 2016
- He is always keeping himself updated with the latest knowledge in the field of surgical Gastroenterology to provide best possible patient care and has been an active part of various conferences:
- FALS BARIATRIC 22-24th July 2022 at KD Hospital, Ahmedabad.
- 16th Annual International Conference of the Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (AMASICON 2021) held Hybrid on 26th - 28th November, 2021 at India Habitat Center, New Delhi.
- ACRSICON (ASSOCIATION OF COLON AND RECTAL SURGEONS OF INDIA) held at Mumbai on 13th and 14th November 2021.
- Virtual NATCON 2021: 34th Annual Conference of Indian Association of Surgical Oncology held on 23rd - 24th and 30th - 31st October 2021.
- XXXIst National Conference of Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology (IASGCON 2021 VIRTUAL) on 9th and 10th October 2021.
- INTERNATIONAL LIVE WORKSHOP ON ABDOMINAL WALL RECONSTRUCTION (AWR) AND HERNIA REPAIR at GEM HOSPITAL, COIMBATORE on 12-13th August 2021
- VIRTUAL IAGES (INDIAN ASSOCIATION OF GASTROINTESTINAL ENDO SURGEONS), COIMBATORE 2021 on 7 - 9th May 2021
- Teaching Faculty in First Responders Course For Primary Trauma Care on 15th December 2018 at Manipal Hospital, Delhi
- Master class (e-TAP/TAR) at Sir Gangaram Hospital, Delhi on November 18th 2018
- 2nd International Conference on Oesophagus (Gem ESOCON ) on 29th September 2018
- COMMUNITY MEDICAL SERVICE PROGRAM at KANKARIA CARNIVAL in 2017.
- GUJARAT BREAST MEET 2016.
- Workshop on promoting the use of “International classification of disease for morbidity and mortality coding” at GCS MEDICAL COLLEGE in November 2016
- 59th NATIONAL TRAUMA MANAGEMENT COURSE IN 2014.
- Program on “COMMUNICATION STRATEGIES TO STRENGTHEN DOCTOR PATIENT RELATIONSHIP” by INDIAN MEDICAL ASSOCIATION AND KNOWLEDGE ACADEMY in 2014.
- He is an esteemed member of various surgical societies of INDIA :
- Ahmedabad Medical Association, Branch of IMA
- World Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons
- Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endo Surgeons (IAGES)
- Obesity Surgery Society of India (OSSI)