Mr. Robert Joseph Benjamin
Doctors / Zydus Hospitals Ahmedabad
- Conducted about 10000 cases, which includes adult and pediatric
- I have conducted good number of special procedures and circulatory arrests
- I can handle IABP, Cell-saver, monitoring equipment's and Bio-medicus pump for supported angioplasty
- For the past ten years I am harvesting vein as conduit for CABG
- For some cases I have assist my surgeon as well
- I am alone in my center and we do about three to four cases in a day
- In my clinical perfusion I have utilized all types of oxygenators both membrane and bubbler. I have utilized arterial filters, pre-bypass filters and hemofilters and other assist and supportive devices
- Instituted cardio-pulmonary circulatory arrest for a Neurological procedure, clipping of a pea size aneurysm in the brain stem
- Assisted for a Cardiac transplant successfully in Saudhi Arabia
- Qualified as certified internal auditor by AHPI for NABH accreditation program
- Certified member of the Indian board of cardiovascular perfusion, India registration number A008/0804
- Post graduate Diploma in Perfusion technology from Indian Association of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeon's in the year 1993
- Post graduate Diploma in Perfusion technology from Christian Medical College and Hospital, Vellore in the year 1992
- Founder member and secretary and one of the directors of Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion India. Kindly visit our webpage www.bcp-i.com
- Life member of the Indian Society of Extra-Corporeal Technology from 1992.Membership No: LM 134. Held post as executive member for more than 9 years and served as joint secretary for the past three years
- Enrolled as a perflist member of the American perfusion Society
- Perusing MBA in hospital Administration from Medvarsity Hydrabad
- Certification from the Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion India, certification no; A008/0804
- P.G. Diploma in Perfusion from the Indian Association of Cardiovascular- thoracic Surgeons
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry from A.V.V.M. Sri Pushpum College Poondi, Thanjavur, Tamilnadu
- Higher Secondary from Bishop Heber's Higher Secondary School, Thiruchirappalli
- Secondary school of education from St. Anthony's Higher Secondary School, Thanjavur
- I am working in Ahmedabad and in Vadodara (Baroda) from 2000 onwards till date as a free lancing Perfusionist. Following is the order of hospitals listed with respect to the frequency's of visit
- Krishna Shalbhy Heart Institute, Ahmedabad
- Apex Heart Institute, Ahmedabad
- Banker's Heart Institute, Vadodara
- Baroda Heart Institute, Vadodara
- Bhai lal Amin Hospital, Vadodara
- Sterling Hospital, Ahmedabad
- ARMED FORCES HOSPITAL SOUTHERN REGION, KHAMIS MUSHYAT, KINGDOM OF SAUDHI ARABIA. As Perfusionist from July 1997 to May 2000
- S.S. Government Medical College and Hospital, VADODARA.
As visiting Perfusionist from July 1996 to July 1997, to conduct perfusion
- MAYO HOSPITAL, VADODARA.
Perfusionist from October 1994 to July 1997, to start up a highly successful open heart surgical Program
- SOUTHERN RAILWAY'S HEAD QUARTER'S HOSPITAL, MADRAS.
a. As an observer from October 1992 to February 1993.
b. Perfusionist from February 1993 to September 1994. To assist and to conduct perfusion
- CHRISTIAN MEDICAL COLLEGE AND HOSPITAL, VELLORE.
Perfusion student trainee from July 1990 to August 1992. Perfusion training and postoperative ICU management. Assisted about 1500 cases and conducted about 15 cases independently under supervision