Dr. Mithun Shah
Doctors / Zydus Hospitals Ahmedabad
Gujarat University, Ahmedabad
Mumbai University, Mumbai
Pune University, Pune
Consultant Medical Oncologist at Rajasthan Hospitals & Gujarat Medical & Research Centre since the last 7 years. Working as Associate Consultant with Dr Pankaj Shah, Ex director Gujarat cancer research institute since last 7 years. Also working as visiting Medical oncologist in Shalby Multispeciality hospital and Naryana Hrudayalaya since 1 year
Post Doctorate Training
- Worked as Senior Specialist Registrar under Dr Navin Khattry in Bone Marrow Transplant unit, ACTREC, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, for 6 months from September 2008 to March 2009, during which period, have assisted in more than 25-30 allogenic and autologous transplants, cryopreservation of stem cells, apheresis techniques of different blood products and in bone marrow harvests. Also involved in retrospective analyses of transplant data of acute myeloid leukaemia and lymphomas.
- Worked under the overall guidance of Prof (Dr.) Pankaj M Shah and Prof Dr Asha Anand in the field of Adult Oncology, Haematology, and Paediatric Oncology
- Worked as Co-ordinator in various clinical trials
- Thesis on "Induction Chemotherapy followed by Concurrent CTRT vs. Radiotherapy alone in locally advanced Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma"
- "Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma of Tongue ' A Case Report". Published in Indian Journal of Medical and Paediatric Oncology
- "Pleural and Pulmonary Lymphoma" Haematology Today A case base approach editied by Dr. M.B. Agrawal
- "Giant Mesenteric Fibromatosis in Gardner's syndrome". Accepted for publication in Indian Journal of Cancer
- "Embryonal Rhabdomyosarcoma in a patient of Li Fraumeni's syndrome"
- Accepted for publication in Post Graduate Journal of Medicine
- "The role of Chemoradiotherapy in locally advanced Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma"
- Accepted for publication in Gujarat Journal of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery
- "Late onset hepatic venoocclusive disease post autologus peripheral stem cell transplantation successfully treated with oral defibrotide: A case report"
- Under consideration for publication in Journal of Cancer and Research Therapeutics