Dr. Loma Parikh
Doctors / Zydus Hospitals Ahmedabad
Mumbai (Oncopathology) Fellow - Gastro & Hepatobiliary Pathology, KEM Hospital, Mumbai
Expertise and specialities
- Surgical pathology (Range of Nonneoplastic & Neoplastic specimens) with special interest towards Gynec onco-pathology and Gastrointestinal Biopsies & Medical Liver Biopsies.
- > 1000 Frozen sections (Of various systems including rare variety) handling and reporting.
- Cytopathology including Body fluids, Pap smears, FNAC.
- Reported more than 130 Peritoneal malignancies -including Pseudomyxoma Peritonei (PMP)
- Expertise in Endoscopic Gastrointestinal Biopsies & Medical Liver Biopsies
- Expertise in Developing a new test (Including Immunohistochemistry)
- Bone marrow examination of various non neoplastic conditions.
- Expansion of Test Scope, Maintain Quality Standards, Team Building & Cost Optimisation
- Utilise all Academic as well as professional knowledge & Experience towards the Organizational Objectives
- Help Team to achieve company Goals
Area of Interest
- Surgical oncopathology with Immunohistochemistry and molecular studies.
- Medical Liver Biopsy & Endoscopic Gastrointestinal Biopsies, - Peritoneal Malignancies
- Quality control in pathology
- Development of newer tests in the laboratory
- Digital Pathology & Developing Artificial Intelligence in Pathology
- Newer Technology with Total automation in laboratory
- Leadership & Strategy Building for Business Expansion
Dr. Loma Parikh is currently working as a Consultant - Surgical Pathology & Cytopathology at Zydus Cancer Centre & Zydus Hospitals, Ahmedabad.
Previously, she has worked as a consultant at HCG Cancer Hospital, Ahmedabad & Sanket Metropolis Healthcare, Ahmedabad.
She did Senior Residency at Prestigious cancer institute of India At Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai. She did Fellowship in Gastrointestinal & Hepatobiliary pathology from KEM Hospital, Mumbai.
- MBBS (2007)
Smt NHL Municipal Medical College, Ahmedabad
- MD Pathology (2011)
Gujarat Cancer & Research Institute (GCRI), Ahmedabad
- SR- Oncopathology (2012)
TATA Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- Fellowship-Gastrointestinal & Hepatobiliary (2013)
KEM Hospital, Mumbai
- Clinical and Radiologic Predictors of a Pathologic Complete Response to Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy (NACT) in Patients Undergoing Cytoreductive Surgery for Colorectal Peritoneal Metastases: Results of a Prospective Multi-center Study. Ann Surg Oncol.
- 2020 Nov 18 Essentials for Pathological Evaluation of Peritoneal Surface Malignancies and Synoptic Reporting of Cytoreductive Surgery Specimens-A review and evidence-based guide. Indian J Surg Oncol.
- 2020 Mar Essentials for Pathological Evaluation of Peritoneal Surface Malignancies and Synoptic Reporting of Cytoreductive Surgery Specimens-A review and evidence-based guide. Indian J Surg Oncol.
- 2020 March Pathological assessment of cytoreductive surgery specimens and its unexplored prognostic potential-a prospective multi-centric study. Eur J Surg Oncol.
- 2019 Dec Prospective correlation of the radiological, surgical and pathological findings in patients undergoing cytoreductive surgery for colorectal peritoneal metastases: implications for the preoperative estimation of the peritoneal cancer index.
- Colorectal Distribution of residual disease in the peritoneum following neoadjuvant chemotherapy in advanced epithelial ovarian cancer and its potential therapeutic implications. Eur J Surg Oncol.
- 2021 Jan The Pathologic Peritoneal Cancer Index (PCI) Strongly Differs From the Surgical PCI in Peritoneal Metastases Arising From Various Primary Tumors. Ann Surg Oncol.
- 2020 Aug Extent and distribution of peritoneal disease in patients undergoing cytoreductive surgery for first platinum sensitive recurrence in ovarian cancer and its potential therapeutic implications. Eur J Surg Oncol.
- 2020 Target region resection in patients undergoing cytoreductive surgery for peritoneal metastases-is it necessary in absence of visible disease? Eur J Surg Oncol.
- 2020 Apr Patterns of pathological response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy and its clinical implications in patients undergoing interval cytoreductive surgery for advanced serous epithelial ovarian cancer
- A study by the Indian Network for Development of Peritoneal Surface Oncology (INDEPSO). Eur J Surg Oncol. c
- 2019 Lacrimal Gland Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma with High Grade Transformation: A Case Report and Current Concepts in Multi-Modality Management.
- Indian Journal of Otolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery (2020) CO-AUTHOR IN BOOK
- Glehen, Olivier & Bhatt, Aditi. (2020). Pathology of Peritoneal Metastases: The Unchartered Fields.