Dr. Dipen D. Patel
Doctors / Zydus Hospitals Ahmedabad
Having over 10 years of experience in the field of surgical oncology, he has successfully operated upon more than 4000 cancer patients and treated over 17000 patients collectively.
He has been instrumental in developing the highest volume centre in head and neck cancer microvascular reconstruction surgeries in the entire Saurashtra and Kutch region of Gujarat.
Skills and Expertise:
- Early as well as advanced oral cavity cancers
- SICS -single incision commando surgeries
- Thyroid and parathyroid cancers -conventional and minimally invasive
- ‘TORS-TransOral Robotic Surgery’ for tonsil and base of tongue cancers
- Minimally invasive neck dissection surgeries
- Complex skull base cancer surgeries
- Laryngeal (voice box) cancer surgeries
- Recurrent cases of oral cavity cancers which requires meticulous Oncosurgical, reconstructive as well as nonsurgical management
- Major and minor salivary gland malignancies
- Voice prosthesis surgeries
- MILS (minimally invasive laryngeal surgery) for early vocal cords cancers
Dr Dipen Patel is one of the most dynamic, updated and leading qualified Head and Neck surgical oncologist of Ahmedabad. His work experience in the field is more than 10 years. He is currently working at Zydus Cancer Centre, Ahmedabad as a consultant head and neck cancer surgeon. He has completed his graduation, post-graduation, Super Specialty in surgical Oncology from some of the leading medical institutes of India. He brings along a wide array of expertise in dealing with Complex head and neck malignancies, radical surgery, organ preservation protocols, recurrent cases of head and neck cancers and compartmental ITF clearance. He has co-authored a color atlas book on “free radial artery forearm flap in head and neck cancer reconstruction” and has been a part of national as well as international presentations.
Vision And Goals:
- Dr Dipen has been instrumental in promoting a Healthy lifestyle and balanced diet in society to remain healthy.
- He is keen for deaddiction of the targetted population and also spreading awareness about head and neck cancers.
- He believes in early detection and best functional as well as aesthetic outcomes in his head and neck cancer patients.
- With his vast experience in the field and in-depth anatomical as well as surgical knowledge, he has always reached out to people in need and helped all socioeconomic classes to get best chance of cancer care.
- Dr Dipen, with his teamwork approach to manage his patients, has onboard microvascular reconstruction plastic surgeon, dentists, psychotherapists, speech and swallowing therapists and head and neck cancer rehabilitation specialists.
- At the community level, he has delivered great spectrum of awareness lectures and programmes. Dr Dipen has always been keen to provide better quality of life for head and neck cancer survivors of the society.
Fellowships and Training in Head and Neck Cancers:
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, USA
- Robotics in head and neck cancers, GHA, Bangalore
- MBBS - B.J. MEDICAL COLLEGE,Ahmedabad
- Internship - B.J. MEDICAL COLLEGE Ahmedabad
- MS (General Surgery) - Smt. SCLGH., Gujarat University, Ahmedabad
- MCh(Surgical Oncology) - GCRI, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad
Academic Achievements and Research Work:
- Author of the book-Free radial artery forearm flap for head and neck reconstruction-a color atlas
- Presentation at Indian Medical Association national conference at Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- Presently writing papers on various cancer topics.
- Attended various camps under The Gujarat Cancer & Research Institute, Ahmedabad.
- Paper publication on Case of Malignant Peripheral Nerve Sheath Tumor (MPNST) of Male Breast : A rare case report
- Poster Presentation on Multiple Basal Cell Carcinoma over face : a case report
- Oral presentation on Role of neoadjuvant chemotherapy in treatment of liver tumors in childhood at IMA NATCON 2014
- Two paper publications , poster presentation and oral presentation during the tenure of General Surgery residency from 2010 to 2013