Dr. Bhargav Prajapati
Doctors / Zydus Hospitals Ahmedabad
MBBS, MD IHBT
Expertise & Specialties
- Immuno hematology
- Patient Blood Management(PBM)
- Therapeutic Apheresis
- Peripheral blood Stem Cell Harvest
- Transplant Immunology
- GMP in transfusion medicine
- Donor motivation and counselling
- Molecular biology and NAT testing in transfusion medicine
Dr. Bhargav Prajapati is looking after routine functioning, regulatory and accreditation related activities of Transfusion medicine department and Blood transfusion services of Zydus Hospitals and Zydus Cancer Centre, Ahmedabad. He has also been involved in providing trainings and education to medical officers and nurses for bedside blood transfusion practices.
He has Initiated Advanced immunohematological testing and preparation of Irradiation and leukodepletion of cellular blood components. He is instrumental in establishing Donor apheresis procedures like Plateletapheresis numerous therapeutic apheresis procedures like therapeutic plasma exchanges, therapeutic red cell exchanges, leucapheresis etc.
He established autologous and allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell collection procedures for HSC transplantation. He has taken training in “POI for NABH standards for blood banks” and “HLA testing and transplant immunology”.
- Regular lecturer and trainer at NACO/NBTC supported “Blood bank training” and “Blood storage center training” program for medical officers and technicians of Gujarat.
- He has also been a speaker at various CME of state and national level.