Consultant Medical Oncologist & Hemato-Oncologist
MBBS, MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Medical Oncology), ECMO (Europe)
- MBBS from Medical College, Baroda (2003-2009)
- MD (Internal Medicine) from Sawai Mansingh Medical College, Jaipur (2010-2013)
- DM (Medical Oncology) from Cancer Institute (WIA), Adyar, Chennai (2015-2018)
- European Certification in Medical Oncology (ECMO) - 2018
Years of industry experience:
8 years in the field of Medical Oncology –
- Senior Resident at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi (2014 – 2015)
- Assistant Professor and Senior Resident at Cancer Institute (WIA), Chennai (2015 – 2019)
- Involved in private practice at various hospitals of Vadodara e.g., Sterling Hospital, Tricolor Hospital, Isha Hospital etc. (2019-2022)
Expertise & Specialities:
- He is well trained in Adult and Pediatric Solid tumor oncology, Adult and Pediatric Hemato-Oncology, Stem cell transplantation, Pain and palliative care medicine
- Expert in delivering Chemotherapy, Targeted therapy and Immunotherapy for all the types of cancers
- Well versed with Various Procedures e.g., Bone Marrow Aspiration and Biopsy, Intrathecal chemotherapy, Intravesical chemotherapy, Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy etc.
Career Highlights (awards, publications & achievements):
- Received the most prestigious “Annual Meeting Merit Award” by American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), Chicago for his excellent research work in the field of Oncology in 2018
- Selected to participate in ESMO Preceptorship on Breast Cancer at Singapore in 2018
- Selected to participate in International Collaboration for Research methods Development in Oncology, (CReDO) workshop at Mumbai in 2019
- Received “ESMO-ASIA travel grant award” by ISMPO to attend ESMO-ASIA 2018 congress organized at Singapore.
- Reviewer of Indian Journal of Medical and Pediatric Oncology (IJMPO)
- Got 2nd prize in AIIMS Hemato-Oncology quiz, 2017, New Delhi.
- Awarded 2nd best poster presentation at 37th ICON, New Delhi in 2017
- Secured 5th place in best outgoing medical oncology post graduate COPE-2018 National CME
- Publications – He has more than 15 publications in various National and International Journals, of which notable ones are -
- Intravenous fosaprepitant for the prevention of chemotherapy-induced vomiting in children: A double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase III randomized trial. [Pediatric Blood Cancer. 2018]
- Hairy Cell Leukemia (HCL): ‘Real World’ Outcome. [Indian J Hematol Blood Transfusion]
Dr Archit Joshi is currently associated as Consultant Medical Oncologist and Hemato-Oncologist with Zydus Hospitals, Vadodara. He has gained his professional skills from the prestigious Cancer Institute (WIA), Adyar, Chennai, which is a 500 bedded regional cancer center in Southern India.
He is extensively involved in various research projects and clinical trials from his training period. To add to his impressive credentials, he is also a Member of American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO) and Indian Society of Medical and Pediatric Oncology (ISMPO). His areas of Interest are –
- Breast Cancer,
- Colorectal Cancers,
- Gastrointestinal and Hepatobiliary Cancers,
- Lung Cancer,
- Head and Neck Cancers,
- Genitourinary and Gynaecological Cancers,
- Leukemia and Lymphomas,
- Pediatric cancers.