Dr. Jaykumar Mehta
Doctors / Zydus Hospitals Ahmedabad
Dr. Jaykumar Mehta is amongst the first pulmonologist from Gujarat to undergo post M.D. modular training – a fellowship program in the specialty of Pulomonology from the prestigious Christian Medical college, Vellore.
Awarded as “Best Emerging Consultant”, he has specialized training in bronchoscopy and medical thoracoscopy with competence in diagnosing and managing various respiratory disorders like:
- Allergies affecting upper and lower respiratory tract – conditions of bronchitis, asthma etc.
- Smoking related lung diseases like Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) etc.
- Airway disorders including Tracheobronchomalacia, Bronchiectasis etc.
- Lung Infection (Pneumonia) caused by bacteria, fungus, virus and other organisms
- Tuberculosis : Pulmonary, Extra-pulmonary and drug resistant
- Pulmonary fibrosis and other interstitial lung diseases
- Evaluation of blood in sputum (haemoptysis)
- Filling of water &/or air in lung’s covering (Pleural Effusion/Pneumothorax/Hydropneumothorax)
- Lung cancer as well as malignancies of pleurae
- Snoring, sleep apnea and sleep related breathing disorders
- Disorders of pulmonary vasculature like pulmonary thrombo-embolism, vasculitis, etc.
At present, He is providing his services as full time consultant & interventional pulmonologist at Zydus Hospital, Ahmedabad.
1. PG Thesis: A study of diagnostic approach to Interstitial Lung Diseases.
2. Fellow Thesis: Role of Bronchoscopy in evaluation of Diffuse Parenchymal Lung Diseases.
3. Current Study: Retrospective analysis of the yield of flexible bronchoscopy and guided procedures at tertiary care center in Gujarat
1. “Swami ShriKrishnanandji (Bhadran) Gold Plated Medal” From Sardar Patel University, VallabhVidyanagarfor performance in Third M.B.B.S. (Part II) Examinations.
2. “ Best Emerging Consultant” Award (2017) from Honorable ShriPankaj Patel sir, Chairman, Zydus Hospitals.
Courses & Conferences Attended
- Basic Life Support Course in April, 2008
- Attended CME on endocrine update 2008 at SKH, Karamsad
- 66th National conference of Tuberculosis and Chest diseases (NATCON-2011) at Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
- Ashrai respiratory update 2012 at Ahmedabad. Gujarat.
- Criticon 2012 at Bhavnagar, Gujarat.
- 18th annual conference of Indian Association for bronchology(BRONCOCON-2013) at Vadodara, Gujarat.
- 25th Gujarat state TB conference at vadodara.
- SANS – Sleep Apnea and NIV Symposium at Chennai in November 2014.
- Oral presentation on “ haemoptysis in pulmonary arterio-venous malformation- A common presentation of an uncommon disease” at NATCON-2011 at Dehradun, Uttrakhand.
- Poster presentation on “ Tracheobronchomalacia in adults- A rare cause of respiratory failure” at BRONCOCON-2013 at Vadodara, Gujarat.
- “Role of bronchoscopyin diagnosing sputum negative pulmonary tuberculosis” : RTM at Dehgam (August, 2016).
- “Bronchoscopy: Overview” – Inter-disciplinary meet at Zydus Hospital, Ahmedabad. (February, 2017)
- Case based discussion on Rheumatoid Arthritis Associated ILD – At Inter-disciplinary seminar – Karnavati Board of Chest. (April, 2017)